Reverse deficit spending and the concentration of power in central government,
in order to preserve states' rights and individual liberty for future generations.
Whatcom County Citizens for Freedom d/b/a The Whatcom Tea Party is a non-partisan, non-profit organization, dedicated to better government by educating ordinary citizens about the founding principles as they relate to the candidates and current issues of the day.
On The Web
You can become a fan of the Whatcom Tea Party on Facebook. Then spread the word, and invite others to become fans too! This will help build a large tea party community, where the Whatcom Tea Party can network with other tea parties around the nation to help restore constitutional government. Just click wherever you see the image to your right; it will take you directly to The Whatcom Tea Party Facebook Page.
Using your Twitter account, you can get up-to-the-minute alerts about Whatcom Tea Party events and Minuteman activations, right to your computer or mobile device.
We have a YouTube account, where we post all of our videos (even some that aren't on this website). You can view the videos, and leave comments.
You can sign up for our email newsletters to alert you of Whatcom Tea Party activities, news and information.
- Towne.Crier@WhatcomTeaParty.org -- General Whatcom Tea Party information
- Donations@WhatcomTeaParty.org -- About donations
- SoapBox@WhatcomTeaParty.org -- Submit an article to our Soap Box page
- WebMaster@WhatcomTeaParty.org -- Website comments or inquiries
- Whatcom County Citizens for Freedom (WCCF)
- 4004 Cedarbrook Ct.
- Bellingham, WA. 98229-5006
Make plans to attend every city council meeting for your town, every county council meeting and public hearing that you can, and attend local school board meetings. It’s a small investment. Just show up!
- Whatcom County Council Meeting Dates
- City of Bellingham Information
- City of Blaine City Council Meeting Dates
- City of Everson City Council Meetings
- City of Ferndale City Council Information
- City of Lynden City Council Meeting Dates
- City of Nooksack Information
- City of Sumas Home Page
Our council members and commissioners need to know who we are. We need to be on a first name basis with these people. How can they consider our point of view if they don’t even know we exist?
Here's a list of web pages that you can use to contact your elected officials. On any issue, please remember to politely ask them for a credible answer to the question, "Which article of the Constitution gives you the authority to do that?"
- Barack Obama -- President of the United States.
- Patty Murray -- United States Senator from Washington State.
- Maria Cantwell -- United States Senator from Washington State.
- Rick Larsen -- in the US Congress from Washington's Second District.
- Contact Elected Officials: USA.gov -- Access federal and state representatives by phone, email or visit their website.
- Congress.org - Contact Offices -- Congressional phone numbers, house & senate phone numbers, party phone numbers, in Washington D.C.
- Jay Inslee -- Governor of Washington State.
- Doug Ericksen -- Senator from the 42nd District.
- Jason Overstreet -- House of Representatives, 42nd District, Position 1.
- Vincent Buys -- House of Representatives, 42nd District, Position 2.
- Kevin Ranker -- Senator from the 40th District.
- Kristine Lytton -- House of Representatives, 40th District, Position 1.
- Jeff Morris -- House of Representatives, 40th District, Position 2.
- Elizabeth Scott -- Senator from the 39th District.
- Dan Kristiansen -- in the State Legislature from 39th District, Position 1.
- Kirk Pearson -- in the State Legislature from 39th District, Position 2.
- Washington State Legislature -- Find Your Legislator -- Official website of the Washington State Legislature with contact information.
We have found these websites to be a valuable resource for voters. WCCF does not not create or maintain these sites, but if you find errors, please contact us.
- Elections & Voting -- Official website of the office of Washington Secretary of State, Sam Reed - Contains general information about voting, registering to vote, events calendar, and more
- Whatcom County Elections website -- Whatcom County Auditor - Information about local candidates and ballot initiatives
- Skagit County Online Voters Pamphlet -- Skagit County Auditor - Information about local candidates and ballot initiatives
- San Juan County Elections website -- San Juan County Elections Office - Information about local candidates and ballot initiatives
Get involved! There are open seats on many boards and commissions in the City of Bellingham and Whatcom County. This is your opportunity to provide direct input into the operation of your government. If you don't do it, who will? Do you trust them with your tax dollars? Your property rights? Your liberty?
- City of Bellingham boards and commissions -- current boards, vacancy list, application process
- Whatcom County boards and commissions -- council appointed, executive appointed, vacancies, how to apply
There are dozens of boards and commissions. Find something your're interested in, and apply now!
This website has been carefully hand coded to exacting W3C standards using only the finest XHTML and CSS commands. We have tested it with the following browsers:
- Google Chrome 4 -- recommended, no known problems
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 -- moderate rendering problems
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 -- recommended, but do not use "compatibility mode"
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 -- recommended, no known problems
- Opera 10.50 -- recommended, but with minor rendering problems
- Safari 4 -- recommended, no known problems
If you are having problems viewing a page on this site, click the W3C validation button located at the bottom of each page. It will take you to the W3C standards website, which will validate the page. If the validation fails, please contact us. If there are no errors, then you might need to switch to one of the "recommended" browsers listed above for best results.